Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
This is a really exciting time to join Hawthorn! We're looking for a Marketing Executive with strong digital skills to join our Sales and Marketing team and support our company's ambitious plans for continued growth.
The Marketing Executive will play a key role in delivering and evaluating Hawthorn's integrated B2B marketing strategy across all available channels, including digital. The post-holder will ensure that all Hawthorn marketing activity, both internal and external, is targeted, creative and on brand.
As Marketing Executive, you will be tasked with a broad range of internal and external marketing activities, from producing newsletters and print advertising campaigns to whipping our CRM system into shape, website and content development and email marketing. You'll be an adept and engaging copywriter, able to flex your style depending upon the channel and audience.
We're looking for a dynamic and energetic 'ideas' person who can help drive our marketing function forward, with plenty of scope to help shape strategy and develop new initiatives.
With the scope to make a tangible difference to the marketing output and forward strategy for the business, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
- Support the development and delivery of the integrated marketing plan in line with key objectives and allocated budget and lead on designated campaign activity - including digital campaigns, database marketing, print advertising, printed collateral and managing presence at trade exhibitions and events.
- Evaluate all marketing activity to assess impact and ROI, informing the continuous improvement and development of the marketing plan.
- Develop and maintain a rich online presence via the Hawthorn websites - encompassing SEO and PPC activity - using Google Analytics to refine and evaluate activity and content. Work with the PR Executive to inform the development and management of Hawthorn's social media presence.
- Develop and maintain the Hawthorn Hire site, ensuring it is optimised and regularly updated.
- Work with the Sales team to manage and update the CRM system for marketing purposes and develop datasets to support segmented marketing activity, in line with GDPR.
- Identify opportunities to work with industry partners to engage in partnership marketing activities to the mutual benefit of each business.
- Work closely with our Graphic Designer to design and create relevant marketing collateral for different publications and purposes, to include quarterly e-shot newsletters, adverts and presentations.
- To manage Hawthorn's industry associations, ensuring our company profiles are up to date and that any benefits and opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Support the sales function by creating case studies for proposals and tenders.
- Book space and co-ordinate exhibitions for the Hire and Installs areas of the business, including liaison with project managers to design stands and produce graphics and merchandise that are in line with brand guidelines.
- Ensure that exhibition deadlines are met including the raising of purchase orders, issue of invoices to accounts, pre-event marketing, venue requirements, and ordering of data collection tools. To represent the business at exhibitions and networking events when required.
- have a minimum of two years' experience within a wide-ranging marketing/digital marketing role, ideally within a B2B environment.
- possess strong digital marketing skills and experience of working with others to develop website and content.
- be able to demonstrate experience of marketing campaign delivery, from brief to evaluation.
- have experience of utilising CRM to develop and deliver database marketing campaigns.
- have excellent creative copywriting skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- have experience of commissioning graphic designers to deliver creative, impactful and targeted on-brand marketing collateral.
- be creative and persuasive, able to demonstrate ability to generate new ideas which build reputation and add value.
- be a resilient self-starter; positive, professional and accustomed to working on a number of projects at any one time.
- be well versed in SEO and PPC, using Google Analytics to evaluate and develop online presence - ideally experienced in using the Drupal content management system.
- have excellent IT skills with full working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications - HTML coding experience highly desirable.
- experience in the live events industry and/or experience of delivering events
- experience in planning and delivering internal communications activity.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire, but you will work with colleagues across our bases in London and Cambridge, with occasional travel to attend meetings.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And with over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge equipment, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 11 July 2018
- Contact: Kate Brudenell
- Telephone: 01664 821140
- Email: email@example.com