SENIOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
Position: Senior Installation Technician
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn has an opporunity for a highly experienced Senior Installation Technican to join its thriving Install Team.
We install lighting, sound, video and related equipment into a huge range of venues from a school hall to a contemporary art gallery, heritage building to broadcast studio, church to exhibition centre. In this role, you will be the onsite supervisor and the vital link between the Installation Delivery Manager and the installation and servicing team.
- To supervise all installation and ServiceSafe staff, both permanent and freelance on site.
- To communicate and keep informed Installation delivery manager regarding status of current work and any relevant issues.
- To liaise with both the delivery manager and purchasing team regarding delivery and procurement of equipment required on site.
- To carry out electrical condition report testing and portable appliance testing as instructed.
- To provide training and support to installation and ServiceSafe staff.
- To communicate with the client regarding onsite decisions.
- To undertake general housekeeping within the installation stores.
- To ensure all company health and safety systems and relevant RAMS are followed on site.
- To undertake electrical and mechanical installation and servicing work as instructed by the installation delivery manager.
- To drive company vehicles as required.
- To supervise the correct installation and usage of working at height equipment.
- To carry out installation and maintenance of specialist equipment.
- To undertake specialist terminations and wiring as instructed by the installations delivery manager.
- To keep up to date with relevant electrical and LOLER regulations and undertake training as required
- To carry out tasks within timescales set by the installation delivery manager
- To log serial numbers of equipment and specify the location and date installed for all projects.
- To keep accurate expense records and mileage reports.
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Occasional early starts and late finishes – long hours
- Working away from home
- Occasional working in challenging environmental conditions
Where you'll be
The job is based out of our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire with frequent travel to client locations across the country.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: ASAP
- Contact: Lydia Hawthorn
- Telephone: 01664 821153
- Email: email@example.com